So, again, I am delayed in posting, but...
My brother Jayson bought a raft and started a tradition a few years ago...rafting the Snake on Memorial Day. We float the part of the Snake between Alpine and Jackson, Wyoming. It's COLD. And this year was really, really COLD. And it poured. BUT...we always, always have a blast! And it is so beautiful. We are so lucky that he calls us every year. I was a little sad though. This was the first year Hannah opted to stay with Aunt Christy and the girls. Hmmmm...I wonder why. She was cute-she was still reconsidering the night before. I think I talked her out of it, but she would have killed me! It sounds like they had a great time going to the Church History Museum and making cookies. Hannah loves, loves, loves those girls! And someone has to stay home with Jayson's girls while he takes us! Thanks Christy! Anyway, Shelly, a friend from work came with her husband, Jonathan. They have never been before! WOW! What troopers! When no one else would ride the bull, Shelly did! They even turned around the next morning and hauled their girls to Disneyland! I think they had a great time-I hope they did! I did! Honestly though, I am trying to decide if I am getting too old for this trip. I'm all for the Southern Utah/middle of July trips! Jays is only 13 months younger than I am, so I guess as long as he is going...I'm in. A guide on the river asked if we were from Utah. We replied yes. "I thought so...Only people from Utah are crazy enough to do this is this weather!" Turns out he was from Utah too! The pictures say it all! Thanks brother! You are sooo great! Thanks for always thinking of us! We love you!
My brother Jayson bought a raft and started a tradition a few years ago...rafting the Snake on Memorial Day. We float the part of the Snake between Alpine and Jackson, Wyoming. It's COLD. And this year was really, really COLD. And it poured. BUT...we always, always have a blast! And it is so beautiful. We are so lucky that he calls us every year. I was a little sad though. This was the first year Hannah opted to stay with Aunt Christy and the girls. Hmmmm...I wonder why. She was cute-she was still reconsidering the night before. I think I talked her out of it, but she would have killed me! It sounds like they had a great time going to the Church History Museum and making cookies. Hannah loves, loves, loves those girls! And someone has to stay home with Jayson's girls while he takes us! Thanks Christy! Anyway, Shelly, a friend from work came with her husband, Jonathan. They have never been before! WOW! What troopers! When no one else would ride the bull, Shelly did! They even turned around the next morning and hauled their girls to Disneyland! I think they had a great time-I hope they did! I did! Honestly though, I am trying to decide if I am getting too old for this trip. I'm all for the Southern Utah/middle of July trips! Jays is only 13 months younger than I am, so I guess as long as he is going...I'm in. A guide on the river asked if we were from Utah. We replied yes. "I thought so...Only people from Utah are crazy enough to do this is this weather!" Turns out he was from Utah too! The pictures say it all! Thanks brother! You are sooo great! Thanks for always thinking of us! We love you!



4 comments:
That looks like such a great time. You are so lucky and so crazy!
HEY...
Call me an tell me how you did this slide show. I can float with the best of 'em, but too lazy to figure out how to add a slide show...
Cool, anyhoo...
I didn't know Jays was a rafting guide. What a fitting job! It's nice you get to benefit from his cool job! Who cares if it's cold? I mean, I'm just looking at the pictures, not actually freezing! It LOOKS fun!
That looks like so much fun! Someday I want to do that!
Post a Comment