Thursday, July 10, 2008

Funny Day...Funny Daughter

Monday we didn't have a whole lot on the schedule...which was nice for us. We usually do cookie orders, but didn't have any this week. Anyway, she wanted to play with Jessica's daughter, Elisabeth. She called, and then walked to meet her. When they came in the house, I hear, "Oh my gosh!" I was little worried. I called to her, "What happened?" As I came in the room, she is holding a package in her hand. Apparently we have the coolest neighbors! Actually I already knew this. Curry Jones (the phone call makes sense now!), who has been pretty faithful at ordering cookies from Hannah, had ordered Hannah her own business cards! (We have a testimonial from Curry on her flyers) She and Elisabeth thought they were soooo cool! Hannah's Kitchen, Offering homemade Oreos and Snickerdoodles-Family Night Treats without the mess! Thanks Curry & Melissa! She really thinks she is awesome. Pretty cute surprise! Cookies are on us next time!
A little later Mom called and wanted us to go look for caterpillar eggs with her. Hannah is a pro. We headed down to a horse pasture that we know of. (We have permission, of course.) Usually there isn't any horses in it. But, Monday, there was. This is the funny part...Mom is really, really afraid of horses. (Maybe this isn't funny.) Anyway, Hannah isn't. In fact, just the opposite. When we get inside the pasture, of course, Hannah starts calling to the horses. But she kept following Mom around. I don't think she realized how worried Mom gets around horses. After a few minutes of dodging them, Mom finally says, "Hannah, call them AWAY from me." All's well that ends well. Mom wasn't eaten, and Hannah got her horse fix for the week. Mom did say later, "Good thing you came, Hannah...I was about to start freaking out!" Lol.

Our mission for eggs wasn't very successful, but we did find a caterpillar...a pretty big caterpillar. He has these funny looking red spots on his back...we don't know if they are bee stings or what. At any rate, we named him "Lucky"...lucky he made it!

The capper of the day was Hannah's Invention. While she and Beth were playing, they made this "invention". I guess the two of them have been having the same problem...writing in their journals every day. Isn't it great that they have been trying to stay current?! Hannah actually has 2...I gotta hand it to her. It's hard for me to stay current with 1. Anyway, they came up with this contraption to help them remember. Thanks for being an example to us! And nice goin' on the "invention" (Look for the reminder...)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the invention! And can I pre order cookies???? And have them brought to class????