You can never get enough of Timp Cave! School has been in just one week and already a field trip! I had the opportunity to visit Timpanogos Cave National Monument one last time this year with Hannah & the 5th grade. We had a great time, as usual. Those kids are funny. I wish I could explain it better...but I can't. They are just funny! They are at this "I'm pretty smart" stage, but they know they don't know it all yet. And because of that, most all of them can talk a lot about everything, but they are still so willing to listen to what you (or each other) have to say or teach them. It's pretty fun to just listen to them interact with each other. They were pretty well-behaved too! I was impressed at how well they get along with each other too, close friends or not. Hannah even made a new friend. And not a lot of complaining on the way up. And I have to say, every time I go through the caves, I learn something different! I love it! Like I said, you can never get enough of the caves!
After, we walked down the canyon a bit to "Swinging Bridge" picnic area for lunch. While we waited for the bus, one of Hannah's friends, AB, pointed out something on a tree. As we got closer, we thought it had flown away. See if you can see it? Very cool!

The Twins, Hannah, & her new friend

Ms. Washburn & her class if front of a fault line. They were very cute when I took this picture. We took one with Ms. Washburns' camera and they smiled. When I pulled out my camera, they asked, "Can we do silly faces?" ABSOLUTELY!

Inside the "Big Room". LOL. I have forgotten AGAIN what the name of this room is inside Middle Cave. If someone remembers, please comment!

The Heart, of course.

At "Swinging Bridge"-They were "racing" leaves and things down the river!

Here is the cool little "thing" we found...can you see it?

I looked it up when we got home. It is called a Question Mark Butterfly. And it does a very good job of camouflaging itself. It gets it's name because of the little white mark on it's wing. It is supposed to look like a question mark, but I am having a hard time seeing it...maybe a sickle. But that doesn't sound as nice.

Here it is a little farther back & with it wings opened. This is what AB saw first.

We ALL thought this was cool.

Hannah & her friends. (Maybe I will write a book & call it that.)
2 comments:
This is so neat! I am glad that you were able to go. You guys are amazing!
i need to go there sometime soon! i can't believe i still haven't ever been there! what a fun & very cool field trip!
Post a Comment