After our short trip to St. George, Hannah and I meandered over to the North Rim of The Grand Canyon. I love this place! For those of you who don't know, I worked there for a couple of seasons...and a friend of mine-who worked there with me-reminded me how long ago that was. I have been back a few times, but I haven't ever taken Hannah...I really can't believe it either. Anyway, we had such a great time! We weren't ready to come home...in fact, we talked about going back this next week. Anyway...a few things have changed and a lot hasn't. The canyon is still as awe inspiring as always, the wait staff still looks like they are wearing EXACTLY what I wore when I worked there, and the gas station is still Full Service. But, they have upgraded the restrooms. And, gas was cheaper there. Hmmmm...go figure! We had a great time camping and hiking...again, Hannah is so great...I'm glad she loves it as much as I do. A few bummers...we misplaced our souvenirs for a short time, we never did find an Alabama license plate, and we didn't ever see a Kaibab Squirrel. There is always next time! (Although we have found Alabama now-Thanks Anna!) Here are the pictures...and watch for the one with Hannah, a Ute hoodie and a hummingbird...super cool! They must have been really hungry! GO UTES!



2 comments:
What great pictures and great memories! Thanks for sharing.
tccAhhh, the North Rim! I saw that you had posted about it and couldn't wait to check it out. I took my kids back in 2002--definitely time for another visit. We went just after the season had closed, so I missed out on being able to show my kids the wait staff and how I would've looked schlepping food to the grouchy Collette Tours old people! That place has so much to do with who and where I am in my life today. Good times (mostly!), but I don't really miss all the drama! Nice to keep in touch with you like this, if only for little glimpses.
Post a Comment