Thursday, July 24, 2008

Roughin' It With the Emerys

Each year we make it up American Fork Canyon once or twice to go camping. We had a great time. We (my family) are lucky to have siblings that love (and even like) each other enough that we can pull these kind of vacations off. We do see each other often and spend lots of time together. But it seems like we have more and more fun each year. We hike, do a craft or two, play games, build "clubhouses", take walks to the beaver pond-although I don't think a beaver has lived there for several years now, talk, color, read, play with Playdough, watch a movie or two, sing, catch squirrels (this might get some eyebrow lifts...don't worry...with Hannah around, everything is on the up & up)-and actually, it's probably the same squirrel-& he FEASTS when we are there, fishing with Grandpa at Tibblefork Reservoir, looking for the moose(one of my favorites), picnics at Silver Lake, make up plays & shows to put on for the one person who wasn't involved, catch bugs, get after a few who get to close to the fire or the river, laugh, and MOST OF ALL...we become closer to each other! And isn't that really what it is all about? And it was extra fun having "neighbors" that we actually knew! One of my pharmacist, Leon, made it up with his family for part of the time! The kids thought it was great!

Here are a few pictures...ok, more than a few. And a few notes about the pictures...K was a little upset that Grandma & Grandpa didn't have hats, so, she made them each one...TOO CUTE-She asked if I would lay out the letters for their names and she would put them on their hats in order. Dads was G-r-a-n-p-a...Mom's was (LOL) a-m-m-a-r-G! And we don't have a lot of pictures of the tye-dying...if was tense for a few moments...and by the time we just said "Have at it", we forgot. The Big Kids (Me, Jess, Jod) whined a little that we didn't have shirts to do. Thanks to mom, she went and brought T-shirts back up for us. I will admit, I didn't do mine. It was a nice surprise. I was at work, so mom dyed one to match Hannah's...how cute is that? Pretty cute-that's how cute! Nicely done Mom!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun time!!

Carrie Anne said...

Now that looks like some serious fun you all had! How could it not be with your family? That is AWESOME & I am sure that you all grow so close to each other...is it possible? I'm sure!! What a neat family you are...I mean that so much!