Clogging Now...
Hannah has been clogging for almost 3 years. She clogs with Extreme Rhythm Studio in Lindon. Bethany Hulse is the director. She knows how we feel about her, but she is soooo great! She has the perfect combination of love and disciple to really, really teach these girls. But because her family is still growing, Ashley and Emily have been the instructors. They have had no small task keeping these girls with lots of energy and non-stop feet with taps, on task. Her group (Stompers) consists of 7 darling 4th and 5th graders who work soooo hard. I am so proud of them! We recently returned from St. George for a competition. These girls did amazing! Out of ALL the Intermediate teams there, they came home with the highest score! More than once over the years I have thought, "Eek...they are performing this WHEN?" But EVERY, and I mean EVERY time, they prove how really amazing they are! The most important thing for me is that Hannah LOVES, LOVES clogging! (She has a T-shirt that says "Clogging is my life!") I will forever be grateful to my mom for the suggestion. I remember when she did, I wasn't really sold on it. I had this picture of me clogging. Hannah was NOT going to put on a big, puffy dress and dance to Orange Blossom Special. Anyway, they have one last competition at Lagoon coming up next week. I'll let you know how they do!
Clogging Then...
I loved clogging too. My instructor was Dennis Cobia from Orem. We were the Sunshiners. My partner was John Gourley. We had an experience like Hannah's team...out of all the teams, we brought home a high score from Ricks College. We travelled to North Carolina. We were National Champions. We were 8-10. I remember 2 of the boys... Chris and John doing a duet to "Shake It Up". I remember a group of grandpa and grandmas-Old Timers. They were good! We performed all over. I would take an autograph book and have people I would meet-mostly cloggers-sign in it as we travelled. I think the most famous autograph I have is Bob Welti. What?! You've never heard of Bob Welti? He used to be a news anchor for KSL. LOL! Anyway, I just clog with Hannah now. And I still love it! Thanks for letting me reminisce.

4 comments:
That is an awesome picture Jamie - I am so glad you posted it! Love the glasses :-) You and Hannah look a ton alike. That is so fun you can share that interest together.
Jme! Thanks for the invite! LOVE the clogging pic of you! I think I went to school with your instructor's kids. You can check out my blog at http://costellomartinhausen.blogspot.com. It's not nearly as interesting or well-written as yours, mostly cuz I don't write much nor have time to! I admire your dedication! I wish I had a blog-stalker--I honestly have no fears about my blog being public. Maybe I should...??? Good to see you! Love, Anna (used to be Anna-Banana, so your daughter's nickname brought back some good memories!)
You and Hannah look exactly alike!! That picture is great! Yeah for Hannah with all of her wins!!
Jme! I jumped up and down, yelling out loud when I saw your invite. I have thought of you so often and wondered where you are. How is life? Where are you? How can I get in touch with you? I miss you.
Steph
PS-LOVE the clogging picture of you.
And Hannah is beautiful, just like her momma.
Post a Comment