Monday, April 21, 2008

Hannah's Home Evening Treats

Some of you may know that every Monday we (mostly Hannah) are in the business of making cookies. Several months ago, Hannah's clogging studio was presented with the possible opportunity of going to Florida. I explained to her that if she was willing to try and earn some money, then I would try and make it happen. The amount that Hannah had to come up with was $500. I told her that was about $10 a week. Hannah kept thinking and thinking about how she was going to make that happen. Then our neighbors told us about their granddaughter. She was making brownies each week and selling them in her neighborhood-and apparently making a killing! So this is how Hannah's Home Evening Treats was born. It has been hard work, and we have had mishaps along the way. For example, today not enough flour made it into the Snickerdoodles. Oh, well. But if you were lucky to order this week, you did receive a discount. And Crisco changed their shortening. The 0%transfat version doesn't work as well for the Oreos. I know you will that I'm crazy, but it's true. So I guess bring on the transfat? Thanks to all of you who have supported this! Really! I get a little weepy over how lucky we are to live where we live. She is now over the $300 mark. (I do make her pay for her ingredients.) Unfortunately, Florida is not going to happen this year. Maybe next year. And if not, something else. But wherever we end up, a little of each of you will be with us!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We love the cookies! So glad you have a blog now!! Yeah!!

Emily S. said...

I love that you and Hannah do this. Just add it to the list with all of the other cool things you, your sisters and mom do! It's amazing.