Monday, April 21, 2008

Try, Try Again!

So, Spring Break is now over for us. We had a great week staying home, doing things with family and friends-things that we don't get to do enough. One of our last "hurrahs" was to stay at home and play video games. This may not seem like a big deal, but to us....WOW! We just don't do it a lot. Anyway, I had left the room for a sec and walked back in to see H-Banana in tears. :( I wonder where she gets that from! See was trying very hard not to show me her tears. I was a little surprised and asked her what was wrong. She said, still trying valiantly to hold back anymore tears, "Mom, I couldn't do something (on Spyro), and I tried to use the saying 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again'! And it didn't work! I tried 11 times!" I really did feel bad for her-even if it was a video game. But it made me think how often we have to try and try and try and try and try...and try and try and try and try...and it made me think of those we have around each of us, cheering us on, of a Heavenly Father hoping we won't give up, knowing we can do it! I am grateful for all of you who cheer us on- in ALL that we do. We are so much more because of you! We are constantly learning and trying. Don't give up! We are cheering for you too! (As for H, after a short discussion about it's ok, I'm sure that we can figure it out, I'm sure you can do it, we took a break and played Skip-Bo. And she STOMPED me!) :)

4 comments:

Big $$$ T-Bone said...

Oh, poor Hannah! I am having trouble getting past the expert section of Guitar Hero, so Hannah, I feel your pain! Cheryl says thanks a bunch for the ride home, she finished her final, passed everything, and is set to graduate Friday! Can't wait to see you again Jammin J!!

Emily S. said...

Hey - Addie says that all the time too! They must say it to each other. Cute story. And so true. I love your blog and am excited to continue reading it :-)

Beth said...

yeah!!! Blogging is so fun! I'm so excited to share it with you guys! I just want you to know how much we love your family! Thanks for being so great!

Melissa said...

Hannah is so cute! My kids love her! That is a cute story!